You need a folder but want to stand out from competition? Discover Design Duval’s bespoke folder production!
A folder is a very common functional object, whether in the office or at home. At Design Duval, we strive to make this object, no matter how ordinary, into something special to suit your company’s needs perfectly!
That’s why each of our projects starts with an interview with our client! We don’t simply customize a “standard model”. You are dealing with a team that takes care of your project from A to Z. To help you better understand our approach, this article will explain how we make your folder step-by-step and detail all the options available to you to create a fully bespoke folder!
What is a folder?
The folder is a modular, simple and effective presentation and filing tool: it usually contains pages, pockets, dividers or even samples or products.
The folder is 100% customizable and is adapted to different uses, whatever your professional activity: launching a new range, displaying products, training, conferences, archiving…
A well designed folder can give either an original, entertaining or upscale impression of your company. And even serve as classy corporate gift!
Design Duval can create PVC, cardboard, polypropylene or sewn leatherette folders. Each material has its own advantages:
- Sturdy, washable
- Flexible or rigid with cardboard reinforcement
- Endless customization possibilities
- Choice of lamination: matt, glossy or fabric
- Endless customization possibilities by printing and using creative papers
- hidden magnetic closure option available
- Transparent or opaque cover
- Cut-out window in material available
- Choice of material
- Choice of corners : straight or rounded
- Binding colour or thread : contrasting or tone on tone
- Choice of stitch
Manufacturing a bespoke folder step by step at Design Duval
Step 1: Examining your request
At the beginning of your project, we set together the specifications according to four criteria:
- The use you will make of your folder,
- the number of items you need,
- your budget,
- the time needed for manufacturing.
Depending on these guidelines, we will decide on the format of your folder and recommend a range of appropriate materials. You will also select the colour, print and accessories for creating your folder.
Step 2: Creating and developing
We then validate a plan. For complex projects, we submit 3D plans developed by our integrated design office. This helps you to better appreciate the product.
We make all necessary adjustments. Your project then begins to come to life as a prototype. We produce a model in the chosen size and materials. The result is an almost complete version of your product.
Step 3: Launching production
As soon as the plans and the product proof meet your expectations, we start to manufacture your folder.
At Design Duval, production follows a strict process, with regular quality controls.
Step 4: Delivering the folders
After manufacturing, it is time for you to receive your folders.
As project partners, we don’t just deliver the manufactured products to you. We provide you witha wide range of additional services , such as filing your documentation or customized dividers in your folders, delivering them on request directly to your customers in France or abroad, etc.
Options for customizing your custom folder
As your folders are entirely custom-made, you have a wide range of choices:
- material and colour,
Choosing the format
Your display tool can be in landscape (horizontal) or portrait (vertical) format.
The sizes are of course available in the traditional sizes (A3, A4, A5). But also as folders with flaps or easel folders.
We can of course create folders in other exclusive and entirely innovative sizes, thanks to our integrated tooling department.
Choosing material and shade
Design Duval has a wide variety of colours, finishes and textures available to cover your folder.
opaque PVC finish
- thickness 30 or 35/100 : 52 shades
- thickness 30/100 with raised patterns: imitation leather, skin effect, flowers
- thickness 30/100 with printed patterns: flowers, geometric shapes
- thickness 30/100 with velvet effect: 57 smooth colours or 6 relief effects
- thickness 1 mm expanded smooth matt rubber effect: 33 colours
- thickness 1 mm expanded glitter: 8 colours
- thickness 1 mm expanded varnish: 9 colours
- thickness 1 mm expanded imitation leather: 5 colours
clear PVC finish
- thickness from 9 to 40/100 transparent, orange peel, frosted or textured
- Depending on the amount of plasticizer, PVC can be more or less flexible, and can be used to make inside or outside pockets, cardholders, etc.
Our tip! You can choose a different inside and outside colour for your PVC binder.
We manufacture cardboard folders from 1.5 to 3 mm thick.
The cover and the guard (inside of the folder) can be
- white or coloured,
- printed or blank,
- laminated or not (glossy, matt, satin, fabric, and with selective varnish).
The thickness of polypro folders can vary from 0.3 to 1.2 mm.
Several ranges are available:
- opaque in 22 shades,
- translucent tinted in 11 colours,
- 100% transparent or slightly frosted.
For sewn folders, we also have a very wide range of leatherette covers:
- smooth or textured,
- tone-on-tone or contrasting stitched finish,
- wide choice of colours.
Choosing the print
Whatever the chosen material to make your folder, it is possible to customize it to your liking using different printing processes:
- hot gilding,
- screenprinting in 1, 2 or 3 colours,
- digital printing for more than 3 colours (no minimum quantity: with digital printing, individual customization is possible),
- four-colour offset printing for large series with the option of matt, glossy or satin protective varnish or lamination,
- intaglio marking from a cliché (only on imitation leather and on PVC of 1 mm minimum),
- addition of a metal plate/logo.
Choosing the accessories
- rabat de fermeture aimanté
- fermoir tourniquet,
- velcro adhésif
- intérieure pour y loger des brochures
- extérieure pour personnaliser votre classeur PVC
- porte-carte de visite
- Découpe de fenêtres
- Œillet de préhension
- Compresseur de feuilles
- 2 ou 4 anneaux,
- en rond ou en D,
- à levier ou à pince,
- capacité et écartement au choix.
As you can see, the possibilities for customization are endless. Too many choices? Enough to get confused? Don’t worry: our team is at your side from start to finish, to help you choose the best options for your project while respecting your budget and deadlines.
At Design Duval, with the help of our team of experts, each folder is created to meet the client’s needs and to reflect the client’s brand image.